Sunday, September 8, 2013

Homecoming Week Insanity and A Genesis Epiphany

Homecoming week is OVER. PTL for that. I spent 10+ hours everyday (including Labor Day.. ironic?) at school, running errands and making sure everything was fully prepared for the  pep rally, game & dance.. And lemme tell you I was EXHAUSTED. And I'm rewarded with 4 tests tomorrow.. Woo Junior Year! But, it feels good to constantly be busy this year to fill the void of time left from deciding not to tryout for the volleyball team this year. I'm really happy with my choice and can't wait to see all the different things I get to do this year.

And in the midst of typing this post, my phone reminded me to read my "Essential Jesus" Bible plan on my phone. (No, I don't keep up very well sometimes.. Especially this week!) The reading for today was Genesis 12:1-9 when God calls upon Abraham to leave his country, everything he's ever known, and Abraham obeys. He is faithful to his God and knows that he has a plan; He is sovereign. I plan to spend the next week listening more than I speak. Following more than I lead. I want to relentlessly pursue a relationship with God like Abraham's.

Hope y'all had a wonderful Sunday and have an even better week. All my love, Ash.

Here's a few pictures from the Homecoming game, I was nominated to be the Junior Class Homecoming princess!


My precious Homecoming date!


Halftime



Junior Class prince and princess :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this post, Ash! It's so crazy to think about how Abraham had so much faith to just...leave. I love this passage!

    xoxo,
    Meredith

    monogrammeredith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete