Monday, November 18, 2013

Carrots

It's taken about 24 hours to fully decompress from Happening #51, and after each minute I become more and more aware of what happened this weekend and how uniquely special it is. I never expected this past weekend to end up the way it did. 
I hadn't taken the time lately to realize just how far I had wandered from the path set out for me and how that was slowly hardening my heart to love. This weekend sure did the trick; I have never felt to surrounded and uplifted with genuine, complete love in my entire life. 
Having the chance to basically wash feet all weekend was beautiful. I got to wake up in the morning and wash feet over and over again for 15 straight hours; I got to share, expand and talk about God's kingdom for 15 straight hours. I have never felt more blessed and thrilled to have walked beside so many faithful and beautiful brothers and sisters in Christ. 
These moments are unique and exclusive to that mountain and that family that was there this past weekend. It can never be duplicated or reenacted. 
I will never be able to thank the staff, steering committee and happeners enough for who they are and what they did for me this weekend. I so beautifully saw God through every smile, hug and laugh.
This weekend I'm thankful for I Won't Give Up, roadtrips, comfy chairs, butterfly wings, brown paper bags, silent hypes, Unashamed Love and journeys. 


We came as strangers and left as a family.

I think I got what a taste of Heaven was like this past weekend. And I can't wait to share it with you. All my love and carrots, Ash. Xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad it was a good weekend! Our prayers were with you all. It gives me such happy feelings that this love has continued for so long at such a special place.

    ReplyDelete