Sunday, September 22, 2013

God. Is. So. Good.

I've spent the past year church-hopping, trying to find the best fit for me in this ever-changing part of my life. I've spent all this time hoping I find a church I didn't mind going to or that I could bear; I never expected it to feel like home.
 I met Matt & April Elliot through the Domain, and they have taken over the Youth program at Good Shepherd Episcopal in Lexington. I got pushed into trying out their youth group - and fell in love. I loved the easy going, small atmosphere it provided with kids my own age. So this Sunday, I tried their 9AM Eucharist.
Beyond a shadow of a doubt, it feels like home. The small congregation, style of service and clergy welcomed me in the second I stepped inside. I've spent all this time hoping to find a force-fit when I never needed to have one in the first place; Good Shepherd fits like a glove :)
It felt like  the longest day of my life (as I'm sitting here writing this post about to fall asleep at 7:27PM..) but it was so worth it. I'm excited to see where the rest of this chapter takes me as a newbie-Episcopalian but I know this has been the "what's in store for me" for so long. I've found home. I've found where I'm supposed to be. 





I'm so thankful for everyone in my life who's had a hand in this step in my life. It's a new chapter, but an exciting one. 

All my love for a safe and wonderful week. Ash.

No comments:

Post a Comment