Sunday, October 6, 2013

What A Week

This week was crazy in so many different ways. It was our last full week before our fall break week (PTL!) and I was pushing to get through. But, after school was finally over, I got to walk in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in downtown Lexington yesterday. Walking across the finish line hand in hand with my mom was something I had never imagined possible until yesterday. It was a perfect symbol of her almost 1 year anniversary. She embodies everything that I hope I can one day be to my family, and she doesn't get nearly enough credit for all the things she puts up with on a daily basis from us. There were quite a few times during the race that I couldn't keep the tears back; times when I looked around at the hundreds of people who all have their own stories surrounding breast cancer, when I looked at my mom and dad who are now more in love than ever because of it, when I walked across the finish line holding my 3 year old cousin's hand. It was the most perfect reminder of how thankful I am for my mom and how badly I want to live in a world without breast cancer.

I finished up my week in the best possible way: with Good Shepherd. Father Cole spoke perfectly about our mustard seed sized faith and why it is so important that we set out on the path laid before us now, instead of when we believe we have accumulated enough faith to set out on our journey. Our mustard seed sized faith can uproot trees and move mountains; it is enough.

Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 17:20.

All my love, Ash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment