Saturday, August 17, 2013

First Week of School & Hard Decisions

YAY it's Saturday! So happy to finally be finished with the first week of school.. I forget how much I look forward to the weekends during the school year! It was great to be reunited with lots of friends I hadn't seen in a while & to get started on my insane class load for this year. I'm excited about every bit of it. 
Along with all of my classes, junior year has already brought hard decisions and choices in my life that will change the course of my year, no doubt. I've got a heavy heart when it comes to making this decision. But, I feel relieved sticking to my gut & going in the direction I've decided, but there's always the voice in the back of my head that pulls me back & reminds me of the regret I could feel afterwards. In my mind, I'm hoping a big risk may bring big rewards. But we'll have to wait it out & see. 
Last night, I had such a sweet conversation in the car with one of my best friends, Janie Poulton. It was so amazing to see how God was intertwined in everything we said to each other and how much she supports me in life, no matter what. It was one of those moments where I'm reminded of just how much I'm cared for. My heart was so full. The conversation reminded me of a quote off the back of my camp's staff shirts:  
Today will never come again. Be a blessing. Be a friend. Encourage someone. Take time to care. Let your words heal, and not hurt.
Janie had an opportunity to convince me to change my decision, to give me grief for what I chose, or blow me off for how I felt. But in that moment, she decided to love me & I couldn't be more thankful.. It was a blessing in a day full of not-so-great moments. 
Joshua 1:9 was a nice reminder today.



This blog post is the epitome of a jumbled mess, but that's okay. It's a pretty good depiction of my mind at the moment. I hope y'all are having a wonderful day. Enjoy this pretty Saturday! Xoxo, Ash. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I forgot, I thought I might add a few pictures from the first day of school. We were all pretty darn cute!
Moo & I on our first day of junior year!


The group text on the first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment