Saturday, October 19, 2013

Spread Thin

Shoot, I've let this blog get away from me this month :( 
It's been an insane past few weeks with me constantly going and going with no end in sight. Tests, meetings, babysitting, DYC, anything and everything has been taking up so much space in my planner. 
I've been feeling spread thin, weary, and I find myself more and more bitter towards those I love because of it. 
Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalm 139: 7, 9-10, 23-24)
Sometimes I'm too busy and self-absorbed to realize how much weight my words and actions carry; I forget too easily how important it is to use my words and actions for good, even when I'm tired or lazy. 
I can keep running, but He is always gonna be following close behind me.

Lord: 
Thank you for the opportunity to have a full schedule, to be involved, to be desired and heard by those in my community. Thank you for opportunities to wash someone else's feet in the simplest ways. Push me and convict me to love and serve even when I'm tired or just don't feel like it. I want YOU to shine through ME. 
Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment