Monday, December 2, 2013

Light vs. Darkness throughout Advent

With Advent starting this past weekend extremely close to Thanksgiving, which kinda sorta threw my internal clock off, it got my heart and mind ready and anxious to spend the next 3 and a half weekend patiently awaiting His arrival. 
I'm reading a devotional throughout this season that highlights the major ideas around Advent and the Christmas story. The verse today was from John 1: 
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.
Well DANG y'all. That's some crazy, heavy stuff. He's got it all. The entire world, the stars, the trashcan sitting across my room and the iPhone sittin' in my lap. Only He holds this light - this light that can free me from my past and my fear - and it fearlessly and relentlessly goes up against darkness, darkness I create. 

“Inside all of us is a light, but some beacons are darker than others, and some are so dark they never realize they are a form of light at all.”
― Courtney M. Privett, Mayfly Requiem 

All my love, Ash xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment