Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Here We Are Again

When Abbey Vogel posted on my wall a few days ago, asking where this little sucker went, I asked myself the same question, too. All too quickly this little blog of mine escaped my grasp farther than it ever had before. So, here I am, for the millionth time, asking you to be kind and forgive my forgetful little heart of mine.

Life has been real crazy but real sweet to me in the biggest of ways. December 1st has come and gone, marking the end of Early Action and the END of college application season. High school seniors everywhere too a large sigh of relief that day. :) It's pretty crazy to know that all the choices and decisions are left to me! I am now resting in the fact that what's done is done and it is now time to sit back, relax and enjoy what senior year has to give to me.

Life was especially sweet to me a few weekends ago at Happening #52 when I got to co-rector with my partner in crime, Owen Powell (Who is now SK's senior class president! Congratulate the kid if ya can!) and I have said it a million times, but I wouldn't have wanted to share it with anyone else. This kid has stolen my heart and put up with quite a few crazy antics of mine over the weekend but serving Christ and that group of Happeners with him at my side was an experience that will forever be extremely close to my heart.



I had a nice little run in with my Jesus on the first day of Advent yesterday in my little safe haven of a classroom in Henry Clay. My 9th grade Civics teacher had written the daily Advent devotional for her congregation and she gave me the opportunity to read it and boooyyy did I need it. It talked about Revelation and the uncomfortable sinking feeling we all get when we realize that this is that wrathful God that people fear and hide from. It was put in to perspective when we realize that Jesus becomes wrathful and has a famous Mrs. Cabble "come apart" only because he loves us too dearly to allow us to continue in the cycle of sin that has been prevalent since He began to share his story of grace with us thousands of years ago. This wrathful God that we so easily hide from is a God that has a love for us that runs so deep in His veins that being passive about our wandering would just as easily cause a "come apart."

I pray for y'all's Advent journeys, the end of the semester, Happening #53 and stillness of heart (I have a hard time learning to slow down, sometimes, in case you haven't noticed..).

All my love and peppermint Hershey's kisses,
Ash

1 comment: