Saturday, November 9, 2013

1 Year Makes All The Difference

1 year ago today, I left my sweet home to go to my home away from home, the Cathedral Domain. I sometimes get lazy and forget how important this weekend was to me and how close I will hold it to my heart. I forget how this weekend was the starting point for my mom's battle with breast cancer and how I coped for the months following. 
I forget how thankful I am for Abbey Vogel. How thankful I am for how gracefully she led us and how clearly Christ worked through her. During the weekend she taught us that we were a part of a family, a family that would love us for the rest of our lives. 
I came home from this amazing weekend to immediately hear the news that my mom would have to battle breast cancer. I was devastated.
I am so thankful for a year's time. I look back on this year fondly, through all the peaks and valleys and tears and laughter. I have grown and learned to take life as it comes. I've learned to appreciate the time we've got because sooner or later, things will change, people will change and we will never forget how those moments and people made us feel. Sometimes I get too caught up in the insignificant moments of high school or weight of my looming college choices that I forget that I have a family; I have a family that will love me if I go to that party or not; I have a family that will love me wherever I go to college. I forget too quickly that I have a family. 

Xoxo, Ashleigh
 
"Someone once told me that this is the place where everything's better and everything's safe." One Tree Hill


 

No comments:

Post a Comment